Absynth - One More Time

Website

Album Cover

Thursday 15 September 2011

Music and Me

There's no point denying it, back in my childhood I was a massive fan of S Club 7. All my friend's loved them as well, and I'm not confirming this, but we may have done some performances on the playground during lunch... such was the extent of our love for band. This song S-Club Party was off their debut album and introduced all the members. My favourite member was Bradley who was the cool rapper and dancing one, I still know the words to this song and would'nt put it past my self to get up and start dancing if I were to hear it on the radio.



The Black Eyed Peas were my next and only other primary school obsession. There breakthrough song 'Where Is The Love' was massive in the UK and was my favourite song for years. The song's theme of terrorism was a bit old for me to fully understand so I would probably look back on how I sang the lyric 'nations dropping bombs, chemical gasses filling lungs of little ones' with a smile on face with slight dissapointed in my ignorance. Never the less, this is a brillaint song from when I was about 10 and I still love it now.



As for today, I'm into all sorts of music at the moment, any artist of any genre could worm their way onto my iPod and I would love it. My tastes range from the rap of Tinie Tempah, the drum and bass of chase and status to the indie style of Arctic monkeys via the Euro Trash of Sak Noel. My favourite band for the last year has been Kasabian and I feel that it would be misleading to not chose to represent my current music tastes. I love fast, laid back rock borderline pop and feel this song is brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment