Absynth - One More Time

Website

Album Cover

Thursday 21 July 2011

What have you learnt from the workshop?

 I got an idea of what it was to be like to be on a real music video set, from both the cast and crew perspectives. Performing was a real highlight for me as I’ve always wanted to be in a band, however I also got involved in the technical side of the day.

I loved performing

 I learnt about the hard work that goes into the music video, and was surprised by the amount of set ups required. When I was not performing, I spoke to the cameraman and learnt about what thoughts go into getting a good shot – focus, exposure and framing were mentioned as being vital to a successful shot.

The cameran taught me a lot


Whats more, the day seemed to bring to life a lot of the theory we had learnt in class in the form of the real set. For instance I knew about tracks, and jibs as well as different lighting. Seeing all this take place before my eyes, and getting involved was very beneficial.
The shoot has no doubt improved my team working skills and bonded with my class as the rewarding feeling of bringing the theory to life emerged.

No comments:

Post a Comment