Absynth - One More Time

Website

Album Cover

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Meeting the director

The key thing that I learnt from Jake was to keep my music video simple, the best ones have a basic idea and can be desribed in one sentence.
Other key things that I took away from the session were:

Beauty shots Need to be included in music videos to promote the singer/band in the most positive way possible. Beauty shots are composed to show the singers indentity in a perfect way with minimal shadows and excess lighting from behind eliminaring flaws . I will be certain to include this in my music video I make next year.
Showcase your skills Chris made a video called Nojahoda in which he worked to the band's qualities as well as using it to showcase his skills to promote himself as a director. I plan to do this next year to get a good grade and meet the criteria



Listening and talking to Jake has been a great insight into the industry, and to what it is like to be a director and editor, and I really look forward to working with him on our music video!

No comments:

Post a Comment